ACCA is currently the most popular syllabus for accounting students worldwide.
Stephen and Andy currently teach Paper F8 (Audit and Assurance) at Canterbury Christ Church University. We and our team are also available to teach this or other papers at other bodies or to other students on request.
Paper F8 – Audit and Assurance
The objectives of our course are to help students:
- Understand the principles of corporate governance and the concept of internal control
- Compare and contrast the role and nature of internal and external audit
- Understand and evaluate how an auditor plans, conducts and reports an external audit
- Evaluate legal, ethical and current issues relevant to the audit profession
- Understand the nature of audit in the public sector and the differences to private sector audit
- Assess the skills required to develop a career in audit.
Typically we teach ACCA using a mixture of lectures and tuition sessions. The course requires 50 hours of teaching time. We assess students based on a case study (1,200 words) and a three hour examination.
If you are interested in studying the F8 paper then we recommend the following textbooks:
- ACCA (2011) Audit and Assurance Paper F8 : Study Text, BPP Professional Education
- F8 Audit and Assurance AA (INT/UK): Kaplan
- The Essential Handbook of Internal Auditing
The following are particularly useful websites which students should refer to:
The FRC website is a very good source of guidance. In particular, for Auditing Standards see:
And for Ethical Standards see:
If you are interested to know more about our services please contact us at: